The Pie of the Shepherd


I dread going home some weekends. I know we eat out a lot. I know my desire to not stay on plan will be heavy. I know that I like to eat and my whole family agrees that it's a pretty good thing to do with your time. Yet, when I came home this weekend, I called my dad in advance and asked if I could try a recipe I'd found. He said sure.

So, this afternoon, I immediately set to work.




I made a recipe I found on the Weight Watchers website for Shepherd's Pie. It used zucchini & squash, ground turkey, tomatoes, red potatoes, and fat free mozzerella cheese. The best part would be that one serving is only 4 points. I was nervous. My mom isn't a big veggie eater, and I'm not either. But, on occasion, it hits the spot. I also made a few green beans to go with it. Just as a filler. 30 Minutes of baking, and it turned out perfect.





The best part? My mom liked it, the leftovers are in the freezer so I can take them to school for dinner and lunch the next day or two...and Dad did the dishes!

3 comments:

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Sounds like a great meal! I'm glad that everyone liked it! :) And leftovers are the best...

Have a great week!

Jac @ Wuzzle Makes Three said...

Mom liked it!?!? WHAT?!!? MOM?? Our Mom? Really?

LMAO!

I love it, I make it all the time here... Skyler loves it too.

Stephanie said...

Ok, that does it...I have got to try making Shepherd's Pie this winter.
BODA lose weight

Post a Comment

Copyright 2009 Life & Times of Wildcat Kate. All rights reserved.
Free WPThemes presented by Leather luggage, Las Vegas Travel coded by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy