The Reason of Y.



"What are you doing?!?!"
"Drinking..."
"Drinking what?"
"An oreo & ice cream smoothie."
"..."
"I know. It ruined our diet..."
"No it didn't."

The above conversation, between myself and my roommate, took place yesterday in my professor's office. Dr. Dave, the Director of Bands at WSC is a mentor as well as friend, to some degree. My roommate and I have found ourselves chilling in his office several times. Or venting. Or asking for help on homework. Or throwing spiders in desks. Whatever the situation, he's always around.

It just so happened that yesterday Dr. Dave was helping me with my theory homework and Roomie knocked on the door and came in. She had a smoothie. We had a playful banter because we love each other and push each other to do the best we can on WW.

And Dave's response, "Diet?"

That's when roomie chimed in. "Our room is 8 pounds lighter this week!"

Dave nodded, he thought it was cool. And then he asked why we were dieting. I don't know if I even had an answer to his question. I want to be healthier. I want to be happy with how I look, because I think I associate happiness with appearances to some degree. I want control of my life, and food is something that I am in charge of. I want people to tell me I look cute when I walk on stage for recitals. I want a boy to look at me twice, maybe even a third time.

So that's why I'm here...what about all of you?

2 comments:

Jac @ Wuzzle Makes Three said...

Katie, you are my hero!

I'm here because I want to have the "me" back that I was "before". I want to lose weight, I want to be happy. I want to be healthy. But most of all? I want to be pretty :)

Wildcat Kate said...

Jac. You say it far more eloquently than me...though...I've never been a "me" from "before." I was never small. <3 Best of luck :)

Post a Comment

Copyright 2009 Life & Times of Wildcat Kate. All rights reserved.
Free WPThemes presented by Leather luggage, Las Vegas Travel coded by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy